Firms owned by South African nationals in Lagos State have resumed business activities following attacks on their properties by protesting Nigerians.
According to The Nation, Shoprite centre in Lekki, business went on as it did before the reprisal attacks following the xenophobic attacks on African residents in South Africa.
It was gathered that some Multichoice offices at Agege were not open for business.
However, at Bode Thomas in Surulere, the Multichoice office was open for business; a staff also confirmed they resumeed work nationwide on Sunday.
He said some branches reopened on Saturday, but stressed that by Sunday morning all branches had reopened.
Although the office was looking well set and activities going on smoothly, the workers told our reporter that hoodlums last week went away with some television sets and damaged some valuables.
“Those hoodlums entered, scattered the whole place, damaged our air conditioner outside, forcefully removed one of the television on the slab and smashed it on the floor. We all ran for our lives. The police later came and chased them away.
“We are back now, activities have commenced, you are safe here,” he said.
Also speaking to The Nation, a guard at Shoprite in Surulere stated that some shops are still yet to open.
He, however, said only three shops were affected in last week crisis.
“Those boys destroyed a shop that sells clothes and the woman that owns the shop just loaded her shop with new clothing before the incident.
The other shops sell different brands of phones, while the third deals in different electronics,” he said.
He said those people that did not open their shops were either still scared of the incident or did not get the information that normalcy has been restored.
“Police are here, they have been here since morning, they only moved to the side of the mall shortly because of the intensity of the sun. This place is safe,” he said.